Friday, April 11, 2008

librarything catalog

I never knew such a thing existed. Once again, through this program, I am discovering many, many things. While doing this, I thought that it is a slight waste of time. To be honest, I would never actually use anything this if I didn't need to. I don't really see the benefit, although many may beg to differ.

Continuing, we have been asked to blog about our findings. I wasn't too sure on what i had to find so i just searched for books that i think are interesting such as the latest book on Tom Cruise. I find him to be an intriguing person. I also searched for books that hold a special place in my heart as i used to read them to my children when they were young. That is about it.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/bwfchan

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I think we could take some ideas from Library Thing and apply them to our library catalogues to make them more attractive and user friendly. It also could be useful in Readers Advisory work. Have you had a look at the Local tab on Library Thing? Some libraries and bookshops are using this feature to advertise author talks, events etc. to clients.
But I guess not all web 2.0 tools will appeal to everybody, I suppose it's about offering enough options to meet the needs of all our clients.
Kathleen A.